To all aspirants who want to tap your potential or get to know the basics of Acting - here’s a wonderful opportunity to learn FREE OF COST
YWTC CHARITABLE TRUST (YWTC) in partnership with Film and Television Institute of India, Pune (FTII) is bringing out an online Course on Basics in Screen Acting exclusively for persons with disabilities (deaf). As it is a first of its kind of effort from YWTC and FTII, limited seats are available. Interested Persons with disabilities who want to learn the basics of Acting can apply within the last date 15th September 2022
Details of the course:
1. Name of the Course: Basic Course in Screen Acting (Online)
2. Duration: 5 Weekends (10 days, 04 hrs a day, 02 hrs pre-lunch & 02 hrs post-lunch)
3. Dates: 29th - 30th October, 5th - 6th November, 12th -13th November, 19th -20th November, 26th -27th November
3rd December - Closing Ceremony
4. Timings: 10 am to 12 noon and 3 pm to 5 pm.
5. Medium of Instructions: English & Indian Sign Language
6. This batch is exclusively for Deaf and Hard of hearing people.
7. Fee for the participants - FREE
8. Participation certificates: e-certificates will be provided by FTII (subject to 90% attendance).
9. Online platform: FTII will be using “Google Classroom” and participants are requested to get familiarized with the same. Steps to join online class including login id & password will be shared with each selected participant.
10. Computer literacy: It is the participant’s responsibility to be technologically capable to take an online course. Participants must be computer literate.
11. MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS:
As the course is online, participants must have following facilities (Preferably independently – i.e they must sit in independent rooms so as to avoid audio feedback):
(i) A Desktop / Laptop having minimum 4 GB RAM, 1.6 GHz or better processor (Intel i3 or i5 or better). (Windows / MAC)
(ii) Operating system: a) Windows 7 or 8 or 10. b) MAC OS Sierra or later
(iii) Audio – Video software: Latest versions of VLC player, Windows Media Player or Quick Time Player.
(iv) Web browser: Latest version of Google Chrome (Preferred), Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari.
(v) Compatible HD webcam
(vi) Internet pack of minimum 5 GB per day exclusively for this course. It is recommended to have fixed wired Internet connection with a minimum speed of 10 Mbps or more.
12. As this is a free course, we have to restrict the number of participants to ensure that the sessions are very effective. We will therefore shortlist the applications on the basis of key elements like existence of disability, technical requirements, age, aptitude and reasons for selecting the course, the date & time of registration.
Your registration has been submitted
Register via International Sign Language (ISL)
Explain in brief about your interest in acting, your experience
Would you be able to commit to spare 4 hours time on 5 continuous weekends?
Do you have all the required equipment to join the sessions as detailed above?
Reasons for joining the course and how you intend to pursue the skills thereafter
Your content has been submitted