Sat, 23 Sept|
Basic Smartphone Filmmaking Course for Deaf and Hard of Hearing people (Online) with Interpretation in ISL
Exclusively for Deaf and Hard of hearing people
Time & Location
23 Sept, 9:00 am
About The Event
To all aspirants who want to tap your potential or get to know the Basic Smartphone Filmmaking Course - here’s a wonderful opportunity to learn FREE OF COST
YWTC CHARITABLE TRUST (YWTC) in partnership with Film and Television Institute of India, Pune (FTII) is bringing out an online Course on Basic Smartphone Filmmaking Course exclusively for persons with disabilities (deaf). Supported by our CSR Partner Fiserv. and Talent Identifiers - The Deaf Artists NFT Collections. Limited seats are available. Interested Persons with disabilities who want to learn the Basic Smartphone Filmmaking can apply.
Brief Profile of the Course Director:
- Ajmal Jami is a visual communication professional with three and a half decades of award winning work
- Has been conducting workshops on visual communication , mobile journalism and filmmaking at front ranking universities and institutions.
- As HoD camera , a core team member implementing pioneering smartphone model in news operations at Ndtv
- As faculty at FTII - SKIFT (now CFOL), have been conducting smartphone filmmaking workshops all across India since 2018
Details of the course:
1. Name of the Course: Basic Smartphone Film Making (Online)
2. Duration: 5 Weekends (10 days,
10 am - 1 pm - morning session
1 pm - 2 pm break
2 pm - 5 pm - afternoon session)
3. Dates: 23rd - 24th Sept 2023, 20th Sept - 1st Oct 2023, 7th - 8th Oct 2023, 14th - 15th Oct 2023, 21st - 22nd Oct 2023
4. Timings: 10 am to 12 noon and 3 pm to 5 pm.
5. Medium of Instructions: English & Indian Sign Language
6. This batch is exclusively for Deaf and Hard of hearing people.
7. Fee for the participants - FREE
8. Participation certificates: e-certificates will be provided by FTII (subject to 90% attendance).
9. Online platform: FTII will be using “Google Classroom” and participants are requested to get familiarized with the same. Steps to join online class including login id & password will be shared with each selected participant.
10. Computer literacy: It is the participant’s responsibility to be technologically capable to take an online course. Participants must be computer literate.
11. MANDATORY REQUIREMENTS:
As the course is online, participants must have following facilities (Preferably independently – i.e they must sit in independent rooms so as to avoid audio feedback):
(i) A Desktop / Laptop having minimum 4 GB RAM, 1.6 GHz or better processor (Intel i3 or i5 or better). (Windows / MAC)
(ii) Operating system: a) Windows 7 or 8 or 10. b) MAC OS Sierra or later
(iii) Audio – Video software: Latest versions of VLC player, Windows Media Player or Quick Time Player.
(iv) Web browser: Latest version of Google Chrome (Preferred), Firefox, Internet Explorer, Safari.
(v) Compatible HD webcam
(vi) Internet pack of minimum 5 GB per day exclusively for this course. It is recommended to have fixed wired Internet connection with a minimum speed of 10 Mbps or more.
12. As this is a free course, we have to restrict the number of participants to ensure that the sessions are very effective. We will therefore shortlist the applications on the basis of key elements like existence of disability, technical requirements, age, aptitude and reasons for selecting the course, the date & time of registration.